Refresh on Back?

macdocmike

This topic is 6465 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi all, I'm fairly far along in an XSL based Web solution using FMPSA8, but there's ONE thing I just don't get. I have a place where the user is assigning a value to a related table which is then supposed to update the current layout. In FMP it works perfectly. On the web, it changes the data, but the page doesn't refresh.

I know this is something simple (If I only understood the XSL/XML as well as I understood straight FMP!) but how do I force a refresh when going back?

Or maybe I'm going about this the wrong way... Can I recall the previously found set from another table-occurance after assigning the value I'm assigning in a related table?

Sorry if this makes little sense, I've been working too much lately!

Thanks for any suggestions...

Mike

This is because the browser caches the page and returns the cached page if it loads the same URL again.

There are several ways to solve this problem.

Add a token to the URL that contains e.g. a timestamp or a random number or a combination of both. This way the browser always sees a new URL and is forced to fetch the data from the webserver.

Another way is to manipulate the HTTP header to expire the page with fmxslt:set_header(). Read http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/169369/.

Edited by Guest

Martin, thanks as always. I read the thread you recommended, but after reading the recommended pages of the CWP guide, I'm still not clear on where I add the fmxslt:set_header() and the <?xslt-cwp-buffer buffer-content="true"?>.

Does the first part go in the utilities.xsl page?

I'm sorry, this is probably XSL 101, but I still must be missing something. Thanks for any assistance.

Any example code you might be able to refer me to would be very helpful. I tend to learn better through example than explanation.

Thanks again.

Mike

This topic is 6465 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.