Calling A Layout

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have my Database setup and I am very happy with it. However, I would like to place a button in my header that when clicked, sends the user to an already created Layout.

I did this and it does not work. Any ideas plaese?

This is what I did:

Created the button, then clicked on Scipts/Script Maker/New

Gave my script a name then chose Go To Layout. I moved it over and then I clicked on Specify and chose the layout that I want the script to go to. Clicked Ok and OK again. However, it does not work. Can someone tell me why and how I can get it to work.

I did use the Run Script With Full Access privaleges as well, just to check if that woudl make it work, but didn't.

Hope you clever guys can help me please. Thanks in advance.

Mark - A very new user who is just a little out of his depth, but am getting there!

It sounds right, but without seeing the file, it is hard to see the problem and be sure. Depending on how you set this up, you can break the script step by changing the name of the layout, or coping the button to another layout (like the one you are wanting to go to), and forgetting to update the layout used in the button. I would recommend you check out the steps for the button that isn't working and verifying that it is actually naming a different layout then the one you are on.

Attach a copy of your file if you don't find the problem, and we'll take a look at it.

HTH

Lee

Ha Ha - Why is it that when you are so new at anything (as I am with Filemaker), you always overlook what is starring you in the face.

I did as you suggested Lee, and you were right, it was naming the layout I was already on! Go on shoot me! I will look a bit closer next time and try not to waste your good folks time with my stupidity.

Thanks Lee - I was sure I had checked, but there you go!!

Mark

Edited by Guest

Hi Mark, and welcome to the Forum.

I'm glad it help. Do not be embarrassed, as I believe everyone here has probably done the same thing, I know that I have, that is why I suggested it to you.

Lee

This topic is 6522 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.