Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Solution to hide status bar

DukeS

This topic is 5338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi!

If anyone is interested, I found solution to hide status bar and get rid of annoying user name dialog on windows platform when you first start runtime solution.

First I have to give special thanks to Jordan Russell for creating great installer Inno Setup.

Well here comes magick...

You need installer like Inno Setup and you have to crate few registry entries in your install script.

I found that you MUST create 4 registry entries. Every time runtime starts I think it checks for some registry entries and if some of them are missing it replaces value, so status bar becomes visible. But if you create this 4 entries, runtime will not replace this values and so status bar stay hidden forever!

Create next registry entries with your installer (example is for Inno Setup):

[Registry]

Root: HKCU; Subkey: "SoftwareFileMakerRuntimeNameFM versionPreferences"; ValueType: string; ValueName: "User Name"; ValueData: "Guest or some other name";

Root: HKCU; Subkey: "SoftwareFileMakerRuntimeNameFM versionToolbarsBar0"; ValueType: dword; ValueName: "BarID"; ValueData: "$e801";

Root: HKCU; Subkey: "SoftwareFileMakerRuntimeNameFM versionToolbarsBar0"; ValueType: dword; ValueName: "Visible"; ValueData: "0";

Root: HKCU; Subkey: "SoftwareFileMakerRuntimeNameFM versionToolbarsSummary"; ValueType: dword; ValueName: "Bars"; ValueData: "7";

And that's it!

Anyway I would like to FileMaker team enable this thru ScriptMaker and make life easier...

Hope I helped somebody.

Dejan

• 3 years later...

This topic is 5338 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.