Need a script tweak, please

This topic is 6521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I know I'm this > < close to getting this db to work; the only problem now is the print script (^3 or Create_Incident_Report) for printing an Incident Report.

Layouts to look at: Incident_Report_Entry and Incident_Report

Problem: When I try to view or print a report in the Incident_Report layout (after running the Create_Incident_Report script), I always get the data for EMP00001 even though I'm "sitting" in the record for EMP00002 when I run the script. I thought I had the Find requests nailed in the script but I guess not; I'm missing something. So, if you can tell me where I went wrong with the script, I'd appreciate it very much.

Many thanks in advance,

Rich

FM_upload.zip

Edited by Guest

Preview Mode always defaults showing the first record in the found set. In your script, the found set in the Reports table never changes, so if the first record in the found set is EMP00001, then that's what shows in Preview Mode. When you print, it should print the current record.

Thank you, Keith--that was the fix it needed; it works great now. :

...and thank you too, Ender. Indeed, I put a Print script line in place that defaults to the current record; we have to make things simple as possible for users...though making anything foolproof is nigh impossible. After all, build something that's foolproof and they'll build a better fool.

Thank you both again.

This topic is 6521 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.