Create email with PDF as Attachment]

Peter Mayer

This topic is 6449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

[Must be more careful with CRs in this site!] I've created a script with creates a pdf of a receipt letter layout. I've used the Set Variable command to name the file with the contents a DB variable. So far, so good. My script then has: Save Records as PDF [Restore; "$PDFName & ".pdf"; Create email; Current Record]. Problem 1: each record triggers a "Save Records as PDF Options" modal box, requiring repetition of the option specified in the Save Records Script. Problem 2: the script also opens my email browser with the pdf as an attachment. BUT: is there a way to pass over a)an email address b)Subject and c)message text to the email client?

thanks for your help!

Peter Mayer

Hi, I think I've solved my own problem. What I've now done is _not_ select "create email" in the [save Records as PDF"] script. Instead I've simply saved the PDF with the variable name; I've also ticked the "No Dialog" box. The default path appears to be the folder with the open FM file, which suits my present purpose. I've now added a new script line: Send Mail [To: MyFile::email;Subject: "Your receipt";Message:"Dear Colleague,...";"$PDFName"]. The last is the temporary variable used to define the PDF when it was created and is entered in the "Attach File" box. The result is just what I wanted!

ciao,

Peter Mayer

This topic is 6449 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.