Organizing a record's data in a table

malfet

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I'm a new filemaker user, trying to set something up that will allow me to enter, browse and analyze the data from a rather large and involved survey. Each record has a rather large number of fields: thirty questions each with five parts, plus another fifteen independent questions. The amount of data that will be in each field will range from nothing or a few words to several paragraphs. Right now, I'm designing a layout for data entry and printing, and am having considerable whitespace issues.

For the independent questions, I've figured out how to use sliding and everything is dandy. For the five-parters, however, I'm having trouble. What I'd like to do is to organize the data in a five by thirty grid. Is there a way to:

a) allow groups of fields to slide vertically, but to stay in a straight horizontal line relative to each other? I originally thought that "Sliding based on all above" might accomplish this, but I can't figure out how.

: create a tabular structure in a standard form? The closest I've come is to create my own grid using boxes and lines, but this is terribly tedious and I assume wouldn't work with sliding anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Peter

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.