Running a script to prompt a date

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have created a script that takes me into find mode where I can enter a date to give me a list of things I need to ship on a particular day. Is it possible to have a prompt when I go into find mode that will ask me to enter a date.

I have created a script that takes me into find mode where I can enter a date to give me a list of things I need to ship on a particular day. Is it possible to have a prompt when I go into find mode that will ask me to enter a date.

Hi psuexv,

Perhaps the easiest way to achieve what you require would be to add a steps to your script to present a custom dialog to the user requesting that they enter a date (the Show Custom Dialog[ ] script command allows you to include one or more input fields that accept data directly into a field in the database).

When your users enter a date into the dialog and click OK, your script could then perform the find automatically if you wish (using the Perform Find[ ] command) - or leave them in find mode in case they wish to add other criteria, if you prefer. :wink2:

• Newbies

Thanks CS,

That worked really well. I have one other question. I tried to use the "show custom dialog" on a field that is pulling info from another table and it didn't work. When I remove the link between the two tables it works. Is there a way around this so that when I do a find I can get prompted for that field as well and it will fill in the info?

This topic is 6519 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.