Claris Engage 2025 - March 25-26 Austin Texas ×

Sound Files into containers.

fmpguy@WestShore

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am working on a file that helps kindergarten students learn basic words. I recorded 61 single words into 61 Container fields. The fields are Global. The next day when I check, the sounds are gone. The Container fields are empty. I read that graphics are sounds are to be stored on the server. In which directory would that folder be? Are container files able to be loaded into this directory? Is 61 sound files too much?

In a hosted solution, globals are temporary to each user's session. If you wanted a global to have a default value for all users, you would either need to populate it when the user logs in, or populate the global when the file is offline (and you're the only one opening it).

However, in the case of remembering 61 sounds, it is much easier to do by using a table that is designed to hold the sounds as records (rather than using 61 separate fields). You can then put additional information about the sounds into the same record (like a name or description, maybe the date added, or who recorded it). With the sounds in records, you can also add, edit, or delete them while the file is hosted, and all users would see the changes.

This topic is 6583 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.