Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Format Pages

This topic is 8616 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there were "format" pages for Web Companion so existing databases could be integrated into web pages. The files were stored in the Web directory in FMP 4.1. Does anyone remember? Where did they go. I just installed FMP5 Unlimited and I cant find the format files. Are they obsolete?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey. The format files for Web Companion are built into the actual cgi plugin when you are using "Instant Web Publishing." If you are creating your own format files using custom web formatting, the format files are traditionally stored in the "Web" folder with the application. Of course, that is that case with FP5. Unlimited may be slightly different. I just purchased Unlimited, but haven't had the opportunity to install it yet. If I find outotherwise, I'll be sure to post. Hope this helps.

Jeff

The format files that you saw in the FMP4 web folder were just web publishing examples for you to, look at. It appears that they have not been included with FMP5 but their loss is minimal. They were not "used" for anything.

This topic is 8616 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.