Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Central European characters messed up

This topic is 8587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a web form that enters some text in fields using some of the Central European characters (Croatian). When I set the code page of the form to either win-1250, iso-8859-2 or unicode, the characters in Filemaker are all messed up and the search or sort of those chars don't work. When I retrive those characters using CMDL ([FMP-field: field, raw]) they display correctly in the browser.

Yes, I have set the font in Filemaker layout to Arial CE, and it still shows garbage in the textarea.

Roko Roic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

quote:

Originally posted by roko:

I have a web form that enters some text in fields using some of the Central European characters (Croatian). When I set the code page of the form to either win-1250, iso-8859-2 or unicode, the characters in Filemaker are all messed up and the search or sort of those chars don't work. When I retrive those characters using CMDL ([FMP-field: field, raw]) they display correctly in the browser.

Yes, I have set the font in Filemaker layout to Arial CE, and it still shows garbage in the textarea.

Roko Roic

We are currently working on this issue with FileMaker Inc. We have also discussion forum written in Czech on http://www.filemaker.cz.

Right now, as temporary solution I had developed solution to work with web and FM data in a way:

1. the data from web are showing right on web, you already know this.

2. the same web data are translated from webFM fields to the normalFM fields

3. Data entered into normalFM fields are translated into webFM fields

You can have lot of scenarios with this workflow of course.

Our discussion User to User forum is filled from web and served to the web, so we do not need the translation.

Electronic catalogue is translated by the solution only once into webFM fields and served on web.

Only solutions with live data on both (FM and web) must do the translation both ways all the time.

Still, not so bad, it works quite fast in just second delays.

If you need to contact me, please use the addresses from http://www.filemaker.cz website.

Anatoli

This topic is 8587 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.