Displaying list view instead of form by default

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

Can anyone help me with the following problem. I'm trying to display the list view by default but I keep getting the form view instead. The code for my link is:

<A HREF="FMRes/FMPro?-DB=project%20reports%20dbase.FP5&-Lay=Indivdual&-Token=25&-Max=All&-Format=ZformVwCSS.htm&-Error=ZErr.htm&-Findall">Indivdual5eb</A>

The Format file is the one that the web compaion has created by default. Do I have to create my own file, or have I the Max in the wrong place.

Help... please...

• Newbies

Anatoli.

Sorry but I dont know - I believe the web companion creates this itself. I've serached for the file but I can't find it. IS it in a specifc directory?

quote:

Originally posted by Anatoli:

What is in the format html file?

You are using Instant web publishing which is not customisable other than selecting a different design from the FileMaker preferences. Try that and see if it has one that you like.

If not then you'll need to learn how to create your own custom HTML format files yourself. It's not particularly hard -- but it would be easier if FileMaker Inc provided the developer documentation with *all* copies of FMP5. get yourself a free trial copy of Claris HomePage 3 and use the FileMaker Connection Asistant to build yourself a basic set of pages, then mofdify these to your heart's content.

This topic is 8586 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.