Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Portal Feedback

goaginn

This topic is 8431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I've created a self-join relationship with a portal as the main entry and a second portal for the child records in another database. Along with this I've incorporated a Hilite current record trick and the Multisort trick from the Scriptology book for the self joined portal.

The problem is this: When changing the sort field the relationship is based on (to any of my three sort orders), my hilited record moves with the record fine but the selected portal row remains the same. If the hilited record happens to be further down the list, the user can't see the hilite and confusion reigns...

I hope I explained this well enough...

Help anyone!!

You said "self join" but then mention "another database" so I am a little confused but it might not matter.

If you are using a portal sort trick, it requires a script so you could either go to portal row 1 or find your highlited portal and [go to] a field in that row. Since the row is already selected, you may not have to specify which row and just use the [go to field] script step.

The problem is that the portal row isn't selected but only hi-lited. If I were to turn on the select portal row option in my sort script, the selected row would be different from the hi-lited record. Are you saying that this might be a FIND script? I've tried the GO TO FIELD step and haven't been able to get that one going (although I think it's the way to do this)...

Thanks,

You said you are using the "Hilite current record trick". Why isn't the portal row that is highlighted the current record no matter where you are in the portal?

[Go to field] isn't very helpful for something like this. If any of the fields in your portal contain a unique number, you could store that in a global, resort your portals then do looping next field script until you get to the proper row.

If you email me you file, I can look at it.

This topic is 8431 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.