URL for edit is too long.

This topic is 8552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

My web page uses JavaScript to take the elements of a form and create a URL to submit edit requests to FM 5. I've added a <textarea> element to the form, and the length of the text is too long for the URL when an edit is made and submitted. Does anyone know of a way around this, or am I going to have to do a major overhaul and read a book on CDML??

Example of the current URL:

/FMPro?-db=All_Activity.fp5&-format=-fmp_xml&-recid=33196&-fieldname=waytoolongtext%20moretext

• Newbies

I've never learned CDML, I know JavaScript, and that was the nicest way to get the interactivity I wanted. The web page we used to use was CDML driven, and it sucked. But anyway, I took a quick look at one of the sample pages, added about 5 CDML tags, and she's back in production.

Errr, well put Yafreax!

Here where I work (a university) it's a mixed appletalk/novell/ip network. Due to long-term non-planning and stupidity the appletalk side of the network is often going bonkers (something to do with rogue appletalk devices "seeding" or something and nobody can find them). Management's response is to chuck out appletalk instead of fixing the problem. So we recently were forced to change our Apple printers over to IP and LPR. Guess what... now the IP printing is fucked and they don't know how to fix it. Sheesh!

They don't understand something so it's bad...

It still amazes me how *hard* it is to share one printer with two Wintel boxes!

This topic is 8552 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.