Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Records disappearing on shared database.

This topic is 6398 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Folks, I've got a database of one table shared. I have users in our office opening the database remotely, inputting records (via FMPRO or the FMPRO web interface) and they are not appearing in the database. Can anyone explain this? Lots of empty records are showing up.

FMPRO 8.0v3/ database shared from OS X server machine

All is well with permissins and such. For some reason, the records created on he non hosting computers are created on the hosted file, but not actually visible to anyone. Its as if the file will only allow the person who created them to view them. This defeats the purpose of the shared file.

I still can't figure this one out.

This is really strange.

FMPRO 8.0v3/ database shared from OS X server machine

I don't know if it has anything to do with your current problem, but it's best to have the host computer be dedicated to FileMaker hosting. That means turning off File Sharing and other services, and just opening the files with FileMaker Pro, or better yet, FileMaker Server. OS X Server is still fine to use as an OS, but just not with those other services running.

It is very important that the files are not accessed through OS File Sharing.

You might try your files on your own computer (locally) and see if the problem is present.

Essentially I have OS X server (10.3.9) as the OS on the machine that is hosting the FM file.

I opened the file as an admin on that machine and made sure that it can be shared using FMs file sharing prefs. I made sure that privilege sets have read/write permissions as well as set the permissions for the file itself using getinfo so that others can write to it.

Don't suppose you have record level access enabled for those users? Check in the Privilege Set's 'Records' custom options. See if there's a custom calc defined for the View or Edit options in that table.

The file just became corrupt.

Files don't just become corrupt. They get corrupted for a reason. Hard crashes and incorrect setups are the two leading causes, followed along by pasting extraneous items into text fields. What's actually going on with your system?

Steven

This topic is 6398 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.