Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Scripts not working on remote side - need help.

This topic is 6385 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

We are running a small database using FMPRO 8 for Mac OS X on a host machine and sharing it.

Scripts that I've created will not work when I log into the database remotely because the remote side is looking for a database file that the script references.

How do I get around this? It's as if the remote entry wants to know where reference files are locally.

The script should work know matter where I log in from. Printing the barcodes has the same problem. The script I have to print barcodes (with our dymo) will only work from the machine the database is hosted on.

What am I missing?

This sounds like a file reference problem. If all of your databases reside in the same folder, then the file references should be something like:

file:MyFile.fp7

or

file:MyFile

File references are locate under File->Define->File References.

My file path is fine on the computer that hosts the file. All databases are in the same folder.

However when I log in to the database from another computer, the script won't run because it can't find the database. It's as though the remote copy doesn't know that the database it's looking for is governed by the file reference on the hosting computer. It's not adjusting it's network path and instead says the database cannot be found.

Yet when I work on the database/script directly on the machine that's hosting the files, it works perfectly.

This topic is 6385 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.