Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Familial Relationships and Displaying Related People

dadudette

This topic is 6371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Everyone,

I've read through many posts on this site which reference the topic I'm about to revive, and the most closely related to my issue is Post#135019.

I want to do a similar thing to what Ocean West wants to do, which is define interpersonal relationships, but I also want to know how to display those related people on the main page for just one person. And, I also don't understand the replies posted on that inquiry - too advanced for me.

For example, if I'm looking at the record for Peter Brady, I want to see a list of the people who are attached to him in some way, and whatever information from their records that I want to. Since Peter's in a family as well as in a class at school, I'd like to be able to choose whether to show the people in his family and/or the people in his class. It'd also be great if I could then click on one of those associated persons' names or a button associated with that associated person and go to their main record.

Lastly, I would also like to be able to enter all the folks in a relationship group (family members or a class of students) at once instead of all individually.

I sure hope that makes sense. I'm not intimately familiar with my software though I'm trying to learn, but the usual database-maker's jargon soars over my head like a leer jet. Could someone help me in simple English, please oh please??

da

This topic is 6371 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.