Dynamic Field Selection and multiple criteria Search [Beta-8 & Possibly 7]

This topic is 6329 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Solution / :) Dynamic Search

Description: For use in smaller solutions -- allows dynamic selection of fields and criteria

Example Searches Possible:

Exact

Over Name Field:

[color:blue]Roger or Aldo or John

Finds all records where the names field is either Roger, Aldo or John

[color:blue]not John and not Roger

Finds all records where the contents of the name field is anything but John or Roger

Partial

Over Description Field:

[color:blue]Fox and not Lazy Man

Finds all records where the description field contains "Fox" and doesn't contain "Lazy Man"

[color:blue]Fox and not brown

Finds all records where the description field contains "Fox" and doesn't contain "brown"

[color:blue]Fox or hand-glides often and not awesome and not brown

Finds all records where the description field contains "Fox" or "Hand-glides often" and doesn't contain "awesome" and doesn't contain "brown"

[color:blue]Fox and not red

Finds all records where the description field contains "Fox" and doesn't contain "red"

etc..

Note that all operators (and, or, not) must be lower case otherwise they aren't picked up as operators.

[color:red]Please vote in the pole below if you download this file.

Comments, Discussion, Critiscm All welcome and encouraged -- "Let me know how I'm driving"

Working Under:

Solution Status: Beta

Pre-requisites:

Author(s):) Genx

Date: 11/28/06

Credits:

Instructions / Other Info: Firstly, this probably works on 7 but I'm not 100% all the functions should exist...

It didn't quite turn out the way i wanted but nevertheless, it shows a couple of techniques that might be of interest to intermediate-advanced developers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Performance (on IBM T43 laptop - 1GIG Ram, 12MB Cache, File Local):)

Performance is okay @ 5000 (15-18 seconds in testing) worse but possibly still bearable @ 10000 (30-48 seconds in testing)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Disclaimer:

FM Forums does not endorse or warrantee these files are fit for any particular purpose. Do not post or distribute files without written approval from the copyright owner. All files are deemed public domain unless otherwise indictated. Please backup every file that you intend to modify.

find.zip

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.