Clearing Fields

This topic is 6344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a DB with shared data and four tabs below. Each Tab contains 8 Rows by 8 Columns of unique data. The information is used to calculate delivered costs for shipment to 8 different locations from one central point. Each Tab has a field that represents the base cost, without freight, for all the calculations and is placed outside the rows.

My problem:

1. I want to be able to "clear" all the fields in a specific Tab without clearing anything else on the page or in other Tabs.

2. I am using an "update" button to handle the calculations for each row (8x8) but if one of the rows does not have anything in field "ID" then I want to clear all the fields in that row.

I have used HyperCard and SuperCard for years but I can't seem to understand how to accomplish this in FM8. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You could use the script step "Clear Field" and manually list in the script each field you want cleared.

I use this technique as an "eraser" in a few applications I have created.

Write the script to clear each field you are interested in and then use a fianl script step to return you to where you want to be.

Very easy if I read your question right.

Steve

Thanks I appreciate the response. I thought about "grunting" through the project and doing it that way but I was hoping there was a more elegant way of approaching the problem. I may have to do that in the short run until someone can show me a way to loop through. I can't seem to get the tabs, so that normal counting, will work properly.

I tried a looping script to do exactly what you are talking about, but I could never get one to work just right. In the interest of expediancy I "brute forced" it. Funny thing is, it works great. Sometimes there is a need to "get r done" and sometimes there is time for elegance. In this case, I needed to move on to more critical areas.

I hope someone else offers a better solution.

Steve

This topic is 6344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.