Layout inside tab question

Totes

This topic is 6347 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ok, after the battle last night with my portal problems (again thanks to those who helped), I think I have now lost my mind.

I’m not sure if this is a layout question or a tab question so I will post it here in hopes that this is the correct area.

I have gone blank on this…I have a tabbed layout containing information about an employee spread out among the five tabs, all is working well.

I have one tab which contains an employee evaluation form. Now, as with any evaluation a new one is done each year.

My question (which has me stumped) how do I create a new record just for the evaluation form inside the tab area? Example: I have all my tabs containing data for John Doe, his evaluation is due for review next week, I click over to the evaluation tab and I have his old evaluation. I want to have a button that will give me a new empty evaluation form (of course saving the old one). I have tried several approaches using “Create New Record” but that seems to clear out all the data in the tabs waiting for a new employees data to be entered in all the tabbed fields.

The evaluation form will have around 25-30 questions.

Is this possible inside the tabbed layout? I have several tabs containing portals, but I don’t think I can construct the evaluation form to display in a portal? Or am on the wrong track with my thinking.

Thanks,

James

One approach may be to have the portal show you a list of all their evaluations. Then you can have a button that runs a script to create a new evaluation via a popup window. You can display the old evaluations with a similar popup window as well.

Technically if you wanted to you could have the form itself in a tab, but from an interface perspective I think that this way would be a lot cleaner.

This topic is 6347 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.