Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Saving to PDF

merkaba22

This topic is 6350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

FileMaker is keeping them in its preferences file, in your Preferences folder, in your Home (short user name) folder.

There is a Unix command "defaults" to read these things. You can get all the preferences for an application (or elements of the system), or you can specify a particular preference by name. The following AppleScript can be copy/pasted into, and run from Script Editor. Most of it is commented out, as you'd only want to run one of the commands at once. The commented line below the "set" line is what it returned on my computer. Run the top line first, to see all your FileMaker preferences. Remove the "A" in "pro85A" if you don't have FileMaker Pro Advanced.

There are several different paths, for different things, such as Open, Import, Export, etc. I don't know what they all are for, but it would be easy to save the report, then compare to what FileMaker does.

I just used Save as PDF, and it changed the "PutFile" file. So I assume that's where it's kept. I'm using:

do shell script "defaults read", but you can use

do shell script "defauts write" to create or set a preference.

However, you can trash your preference file if you make a mistake. And I don't think it's safe to do while the application is running anyway. I don't really know. Anyone?

set FM_all to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A")

--set GetFile to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A AppleNavServices:GetFile:0:HomeDirectoryPath")

-- "file://~/Documents/Documents_ll/Downloads/zMisc/PDFs%20images/PDFs/"

--set GetURLFile to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A AppleNavServices:GetFile:0:Path")

-- "file://localhost/Macintosh%20HD/Users/fej/Documents/Documents_ll/Downloads/zMisc/PDFs%20images/PDFs/"

-- set putFile to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A AppleNavServices:PutFile:0:HomeDirectoryPath")

-- "file://~/Desktop/Downloads"

--set putURLFile to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A AppleNavServices:PutFile:0:Path")

--"file://localhost/Macintosh%20HD/Users/fej/Desktop/Downloads/"

-- set RecentFiles to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A AppleRecentFolders")

-- set LastFolder to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A NSNavLastCurrentDirectory")

-- set LastRoot to (do shell script "defaults read com.filemaker.pro85A NSNavLastRootDirectory")

Edited by Guest

Just for fun, to see your Finder paths, as well as Recent Folders, run this:

do shell script "defaults read com.apple.Finder"

Startup Items:

do shell script "defaults read loginwindow | grep 'Path =' | cut -d '=' -f 2"

(P.S. "defaults read" is safe. It's just reading.)

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6350 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.