get(lasterror) and error 800

This topic is 6342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does someone know which errors the Set Error Capture [On] script step will suppress?? I am simply trying to provide a custom dialog following an export records step, but I am unable to suppress the Filemaker error.

Also, I could work around this if someone knows of a basic file management plugin (that is free or real cheap). Something that will simply check for a directory and make sure the disk is not full etc., or if there is a way from within fm to check for this?

It is a FM dialog that says :)

"temp.csv" could not be created on this disk. Use a different name, make more room on the disk, unlock it or use a different disk.

This happens for example if the directory does not exist.

Here is my script:

Set Variable [$path; Values:"filewin:/. . . etc"]

Set Error Capture [On]

Export Records [No dialog; "$path";Windows (ANSI)]

If Get(LastError) <> 0

Custom Dialog[. . . ]

End If

The error capture works, because my custom dialog is displayed, but only after the built in FM dialog.

I am assuming the error 800 can not be suppressed. Is there some other way that I can verify the existence of the dir and that I can write the file beforehand?? If not I may just have to live with the standard dialog box.

I know it is a path problem, because I created the problem. What I want to know is how to suppress the FM dialog and show my own custom dialog when this error is encountered. I can not prevent FM from showing this initial dialog.

Yes,

The manual specifically says that the set error capture will not suppress ALL messages, but it does not specify which ones. Try for yourself and let me know if it works for you.

Try for yourself and see if it works. However, if it can not be suppressed is there another way to check the path etc. before the export? I have found several file plugins that I could use, but not a free one. Is there possibly a way to use the DDE commands to accomplish this. If not I will just have to keep the FM dialog which is somewhat vague.

This topic is 6342 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.