Copy Field Content to ClipBoard

This topic is 6339 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Dear FileMaker Gurus:

I have a FileMake DB, running on FileMaker 5.5 Server/Windows 2003 Server, accessed by FileMaker 6 Mac/PC clients.

I got a request to copy 6 separate and unique field content to the clipboard and also insert 3 commas in between fields, such as:

[FieldA],,,[FieldB],,,[FieldC],,,[FieldD],,,[FieldE],,,[FieldF]

The content will be captured and managed by custom HTML Applications.

I use “101Clips” shareware, which can remember up to 30 recent entries, to check on clipboard content. When I use Script Step”Copy” to copy the desired Field Content to ClipBoard, only [FieldF]’s is there.

What is the best way to copy the whole thing into one single entry?

Help, please!

Happy Holidays!

Max NY

I'm confused as to what you need, and I don't think we have enough information to provide you with a solution.

First of all, you posted this in the Portal Topic?

You have used the words Server, and HTML.

and copy to the clipboard.

You can probably do this, but it may help us to know what you are trying to have as the end result. Keep in mind, real data, fields, etc. are alway better than generic things.

HTH

Lee

Thanks for your reply!

Sorry for misplacing this posting! It is about "'ScriptStep''Copy'"!

The objective: Copy and combine the following into one single string in the clipboard, for HTA, HTML Application, to grab:

[FieldA Content],,,[FieldB Content],,,[FieldC Content],,,[FieldD Content],,,[FieldE Content],,,[FieldF Content]

In a nutshell, inserted "3 comma's" in between 6 field's content in the clipboard.

"3 comma's" is for HTA to identify and combine the content of the 6 chosen fields.

Thanks!

Max NY

This is the reason I suggested that you post your real field names (layouts etc.), instead of the Generic names like you did.

It helps us custom the responses, which makes it less confusing to you.

If you don't provide the details, than we will use Generic names for things such as layouts, field names, etc. In order to copy a field, it has to be on the current layout.

Substitute your layout name for the "AfieldOnYourLayout" in Genx's calculation.

Lee

Edited by Guest

Just to make this a bit clearer, "AFieldOnYourLayout" is essentially a field that is physically placed somewhere on your layout -- as Lee mentions, this is required for the copy step to work.

So it might be TableOne::TempField for example as long as temp field is on a layout based on the "TableOne" table occurance.

Edited by Guest

This topic is 6339 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.