Server Maintenance This Week. ×

What am I missing? (opening a remote database)

This topic is 6351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a very simple FM8.5 DB that is setup on a remote servier with IWP enabled.

I have build the menu structure to allow the status area to be hidden and locked. What I can't seem to make work is to move from one DB to another when I'm using a web interface (not FM open remote).

Say for example, I have DB1 open and layout1 showing in a web browser. It has a simple button on it that executes a script that should open DB2 and it's "startup defined" layout, but that doesn't seem to do anything, but refresh the browser and come back to the same please with no open being preformed. I've tried open file with an fmnet specification, a regular filename, and I've tried open URL with an fmnet specification. None of the above worked.

So, either I can't do this from IE7, or I don't know what I'm doing - most definately the later..

Any help appreciated.

Alan

Edited by Guest

IWP must be enabled on each file being hosted AND the user account must have the fmiwp EXTENDED PRIVILEGE checked. Check very carefully in FileMkaer Pro > Sharing > Instant Web Publishing and also File > Define > Account & Privileges

As for your "remote server" is there an instance of FMP running on that server or is this FM Server Advanced with IWP enabled.

If you host a file from FMP on machine "A", however the files are on machine "B" you will encounter severe problems in network speed and most likely data corruption.

HTH

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

Yes, the sharing is setup for each of the files as is the acct/priv for the username logged in. It works fine with an open file (fmnet...) in the script in the remote client, but it won't open in a web browser?

As for the version on the server, I don't know, will have to check, but all the files are in the same location on the same server.

Alan

Edited by Guest

Does the target script in DB2 have incompatible IWP steps? Not all the script steps are compatible.

In particular the "Open File" step is incompatible as are most of the "file" steps.

The workaround maybe to execute the open script in DB2 from the script in DB1

Edited by Guest

• Newbies

Maybe, I'm making this too complicated...

How about this... Is there a way in a web interface, when viewing a layout in one DB to click some sort of object (button would be preferred), and have the web browser then view a different layout in a different DB?

Thanks for the help, there is only one script, and it's in the DB that is open in the web browser, I just want to replace that open window with a different one with a different DB and as you mentioned, file commands don't seem to work...

Alan

• Newbies

Well, I've figure out part of this... If I use "open url", it works as long as I turn off the pop-up blocking on my web browser. That's at least a compromise. I'd prefer to have it open in the same window, but not sure how to force that in the IWP.

Any takers?

Alan

This topic is 6351 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.