Script step for Checkbox?

This topic is 6344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a field set up to show a value list as a checkbox set. My client for whom I set up the database would like one of the values to be automatically checked when a new record is added (on most of the records they would manually check the value themselves, so this would enable them to simply uncheck it on the rare occasion that they'd need to).

Is there a script step that would do that? I can get to the field, but can't find where I could select a value in that field.

Just put in your field definition under the auto entry section, a 'calculated value' with it beign the value that he wants. Then when a new record is created it will automatically be checked.

Okay, I'm getting the idea now. But I guess I'm not getting the right calculation. Perhaps I'm doing it wrong. I found the GetValue function - is that what I should use? I tried several different calculation combinations and still can't get it to automatically check the value. I must be missing something somewhere - my brain just isn't seeing it.

This topic is 6344 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.