File maker corrupts OSX

RT

This topic is 6313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello forum so here is the story,

I buy a new Imac for a client, install 3 printers for them all fine when i print from any APP, i then print from filemaker it will for example print 1 page, now i go to print from another app again and i get an exclamation mark by the printer dialog box, so i have to uninstall the printer (s) and reinstall again, then i can print from any APP, i go to print from FMpro ADV it will not print,but in the OSX dialog box i print to a PDF the error does not appear, so every time i want to print i have to save as a pdf via OSX then print from "preview" why is this happening.

Is 8.5 Universal out of the box ...

If not have you done the update ... could be a rosetta/intel issue

If FileMaker is Universal on your machine... is your Printer Driver (i can only assume they all are) ... but i remember when 10.0 came out it was the printer drivers that seemed to take the longest time to catch up.

(could work both ways)

This is all pure speculation

i think i could have fixed the problem it just solved a big headache for me and others but i won't know until i visit the office in the morning. the answer could be on my last post here

http://fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/182572/post/232945/hl//

Okay i have fixed the problem by reinstalling FM8.5 on my client server i guess it got corrupted when i transfered the application from my MBpro, now to keep my fingers crossed. :smile2:

This topic is 6313 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.