Importing Problem

This topic is 6307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I'm trying to import an excel file(contains product info) into my FM database.

I've got 2 tables. Product and Customer. I have already setup the customer table with username_old and username_new fields.

So when I'm importing the product info from excel into the product table, I have an auto-enter calc field which will calc the new username based on the old username from the excel file.

My problem comes when the calc is not working. Is FM not able to do an auto-calc the same time it is importing the data? I don't know what I'm doing wrong. :o

I have attached a sample file in case my explanation is confusing.

import.zip

It seems as though you are trying to use the customer table to do a translation of the old username from the imported excel file to the new user name when the import is done in the products table.

The relationship should be keyed by the username_old fields. Then in your auto enter calculation, all you need to do is reference the related 'contact::username_new' field. So then when an import is done into the products table with data that contains the old user name, it will populate the product::username_new field with the matching value from the contacts table.

This topic is 6307 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.