Generatinng Invoice Serial

This topic is 6301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I apologize if this mabye had been a previous topic, but I searched to the best of my knowledge. I am new to this form! Thanks for having me. Heres the problem:

I am trying to create a point of sale system for business. The main part I have been working on is the Invoices. I created a table customer which records customer information, and a table order which is linked to customer through the invoice ID field. THe problem i'm having is that... we use invoice #'s to keep track of our things, when i make a new invoice it commits to that invoice and uses that number, when I delete that invoice it deletes that number and moves onto the next. Is there anyway that I can make a button that I can have on the invoice, in which, when I click it, it will only commit in the invoice ID than the the invoice?

Thanks, ESY

I guess the question I have for you is if you are using an invoice number to keep track of items for that invoice, why would you delete that invoice? and if you wanted to delete that invoice, why would you have the related items still there?

• Newbies

I guess you have a point with your questions. Reason I was saying this was becasue sometimes customers come and get estimates but don't buy. So I figure a simple solution to this would be a button that would clear all the fields and remove the delete record button, to not allow a salesmen to delete an invoice... Thanks!

A better way to handle this is to have another field that can mark the record as either a purchase or a quote. Then when you display your records, you can have the two display seperately.

This topic is 6301 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.