Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Script debugger

This topic is 6328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a script which jumps across tables and files within a soultion. I have given full access to all scripts and have given full modification rights to a password which runs the script. On FM Dev 7.03, the debugger will not function on this script, but will on others. What are the parameters under which debugger will function? (I have a field which claims to be not modifiable, but full rights are granted on all scripts in the sequence. It functions under the master password, but not the lower level one. I need debugger to locate the field.)

...and you use the subscript chaser? When going to a new file are you bound to switch into a new local script ...since the scope is filewise, hence the use of the subscript chaser! Watch the image above and pay attention to red circle.

--sd

Billede_1.jpg

Alright I can't really copy this, but what I noticed was that you didn't switch to the file where the subscript reside, although you via the debugger can watch the remote scriptsteps evolve. I can't really see any problems here, except perhaps if scriptsteps are dependent on matters on a particular layout being in forground... which is a little iffy - developer needs to learn good habits in not involving direct actions to layout like cut and paste, or you do need to add a Select Window.

http://www.filemaker.com/help/ScriptsRef-23.html

But what you need now, is you need to justify the use of files in plural, with the separation model is all the scripting as far i can recall done in the interface file ...migrated solutions from previous versions can sometimes show weird artifacts due to cluttered file references and forgotten "commit" steps here and there.

--sd

This topic is 6328 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.