Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Host's Capacity Exceeded Error

This topic is 6317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello,

I am trying to set up a peer to peer network with FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advance in Windows XP. I know that this version is limited to 5 clients.

On the host, I have granted full access in privileges for filemaker network and also enabled sharing with TCP/IP also given network access to "All users".

When I goto a client computer and try to access through "Open Remote" and type in the IP and file name, I get an error message: "File Name" could not be opened. The host's capacity was exceeded, try again later.

This is while NO one or clients are accessing the file, just the host has it opened on his computer.

I cannot figure out why?

Please help me.

Thanks

READ POST #4 ----> ops, nevermind. I think I figured it out.

did not make accounts and passwords for clients.

another thing, if the host computer user need to access the database file on the host computer, can he just edit/access/read/add/delete records on the database which is open and running for clients or the host computer is not allowed to do anything with that database file?

Edited by Guest

ops, seems like I talked too soon.

Today, when I asked more than one person to login, the first person opened the file no problem, but after that I get same error message:"File Name" could not be opened. The host's capacity was exceeded, try again later.

Also, under host computer I see that only one person is logged in. Yes, it is FileMaker Pro 8.5 Advanced and I have 5 accounts created with full access.

Thanks

I dont have an answer for you but i did have the same problem running IWP in 8.0. I would get the error you described and when i looked in the advanced tab of the IWP setup it showed i had 0 max connections. Since i had 8.5 already just not installed i installed that hoping it would fix it... boy did it ever ...now it shows 360 max connections. I think some of this is due to server/network limitations and not the license limitation but I don't know for sure

This topic is 6317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.