PHP and XML

TimonF

This topic is 6320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi Guys,

I'm trying to set up a website using FMSA 8 and CWP. I used to work with SQL&PHP which was in my opinion a straightforward combination. Now i'm a little lost.

The Website should roughly look like that: It has a login area and main page, working with frames etc... It should also include data representation of our FileMaker database/s. I'm stuck at the login. I can manage to code a login with php&sql. But through CWP it seems to be pretty hard. The only way i could think of to archieve this goal is through an xml-parser extension for the php-module. Correct me if i'm wrong: I need a login.html and for example a verify.php file. The login.html contains a form that forwards a name and a password by the post method to verify.php. Using SQL i would now (in verify.php) connect to the SQL db and check for an occurence of the posted name and check if the password is correct.

Using FileMaker/CWP i can run a search against the name with an URL (like http://host/fmresultset.xml?-db=LabDB?-lay=login&Commision.op=eq&-find ) from verify.php where i would parse it somehow to eventually extract the name and pw from the db to verify the login data.

Is there an easier way? Am i getting to this from the wrong direction?

Help would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advanced.

Greetings,

Timon

This topic is 6320 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.