xml import help

robeerski

This topic is 6317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have built an xsl style sheet to import the following xml data. The import completes without any errors but I get zero records imported. I think the problem has to do with the fact that I am trying to extract multiple data points from 1 XML element . I may get multiple elements but I will still need to extract multiple data points from each element. This is my first time trying to understand XML and I think I am missing something simple. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

XML I'm trying to import

------------------------------

<?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes" ?>

Here is the xls style sheet I have built to deal with the above import.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

Edited by Guest

I recommend NOT using anything for the RESULTSET FOUND or the ROW MODID or ROW RECORDID. Since this is an import, FMP will do this work for you. The same goes for DATABASE RECORDS. FMP won't care what you put in there.

The *only* "advantage" that I have found is in the import dialog. And that is only if you need to see the counts there for a manual import.

Other things you can "skip" (leave the values between the quotes empty):

Edited by Guest

This XML Data I'm importing is from a stock quote server. I want to keep my database current with current stock pricing. I can use the Import Records to automate the importing of this data but I am wondering if there is any way to have this script run every 5 minutes or so? Is there some way to trigger this script on a schedule? I also have some tasks I would like to run over night that could also benefit from a script scheduler.

This topic is 6317 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.