Install Factory Software

clz

This topic is 6293 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am interested in talking with anyone who has used Install Factory with their runtime. I am considering using it but there are no testimonials on their website. Just looking for feedback on whether it has worked well for you or not.

Thanks!

Cindy

Hi there

This doesn't answer your question directly but for windows installations I have been using a piece of Freeware called Install Creator that has been working fine for me. No problems at all.

It is available at

http://www.softaward.com/1312.html

HTH

Phil

Thanks Phil! I'm going to check that program out. What are you using to secure the program so users can't pass the cd around and share the program? That is my other dilemma and one of the reasons I was looking at Install Factory.

Cindy

I use inno setup also freeware -- a bit hard to use at the begging but once you get the hang of the scripts it's really straight forward and you can do a lot with it.

http://www.jrsoftware.org/isinfo.php

I have written my own authorisation code routine (in fm) that requires that the user gives me a code that is generated from their installation and this is then 'smoke and mirrored' back to them.

This authorisaton code is only handed out to them on receipt of their money. Without the code the file runs in demo mode ie limited to 30 days.

Should the file be transferred to another machine it again reverts to demo mode.

It is a bit of a pain that they have to contact you for the code but it does mean that they cannot use the software beyond the 30 days without money changing hands.

It also means that any copy that is out there is a potential demo copy - at least for 30 days.

I remove all admin rights so that the routine is secure

HTH

Phil

• 3 weeks later...

This topic is 6293 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.