Eventscript does not show in plugins list

robomni

This topic is 6216 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Ciao Daniele! (di solito ci leggiamo sulla lista fmp-ita rispondo in inglese ok?)

The plugin is correctly under the /extensions folder (where there are other plugins that DID show up in the filemaker plugins preferences list).

The only things that i am aware of is the presence of SP2 in the machines where eventscript does not show up.

Ideas?

Thanks,

Rob

Rob

I do not have an answer for you...

but I don't think that is an SP2's issue.

From the Author:

Update 2005-09-22 :) EventScript version 1.1 for Windows is now available.

[color:red]ES 1.1 addresses an issue which prevents version 1.0 from being recognized by FileMaker 8 under some Ms-Windows installations.

Since EventScript 1.1 (Windows) is compatible with FM v7, v8 and v8.5, it is a good move to update to the latest plug-in available.

Hi Rob! I guess you didn't received my reply to your email? I sent it yesterday, some minutes after your email...

Here is this reply :

Hello Roberto and thank you for your email!

You are right, there is a strange issue with an unknown dll library. I didn't try to figure out exactly what is the problem because this is Microsoft sh.. :))

You can try to use either version 1.0 or 1.1 for EventScript on Windows. If the 1.1 is not recognized, then the 1.0 will probably load correctly. Or vice-versa.

The downloads are here: http://softs4humans.com/FMPro_Plugins.html

Sorry, I don't have a better solution but anyway, both versions have the same functionalities.

Keep me inform if the other version fix you problem. :)

P.S.: other useful webpages :

http://softs4humans.com/support/eventscript_faq.htm

http://softs4humans.com/support/eventscript_known_issues.htm

Sincerely.

HTH

Hi Gaston,

Thanks for the reply here (i have not received in my mail account).

Ok i will try with the V 1.0 on these machines and i will post result.

Also i've not tested with "dependency walker" (a software that look in dependency dll) but maybe can be a good start point to catch the missing dll's.

Thanks Again an keep up the Very Good work done with EventScript!

Bye,

Rob

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gaston!

Version 1.0 is WORKING on machines where 1.1 does NOT WORK.

Very strange issue... I have scanned the fmx with dependency and all 2 (v 1.0 & 1.1) give an error dependency on FMWrapper.dll maybe it's just a matter of paths??

Anyway Thanks i solved the problem!

Bye Rob

Hope you don't mind me jumping in here. I am running Eventscript 1.1 with FMP 8.01.

The plug-in is working fine before I create the runtime but just fails to work in the runtime version.

From what I read above it might well work if I use the version 1 version but can anyone enlighten me - is it a problem on the machine where the runtime is created or might I have to have both versions because it is a problem on the machine where he runtime is run?

Thanks in advance

Phil

OK I tried installing eventscript v1 but that doesn't work with my installation, so to recap

I have FMP 8.1.

I have eventscript v1.1

This all works fine and dandy until I create a runtime - when it just stops working.

Anyone any ideas?....Gaston ??

Thanks again in advance

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

Further to my last post I sorted the problem by binding the runtime and then manually moving the eventscript plugin into the extensions folder within the runtime folder.

Has it always been the case that one had to do this or am I mistaken in thinking that plugins used to get transferred across just like all the other stuff in the extensions folder.

For what it is worth none of the available plugins came across. The problem was not specific to eventscript

Phil

Inky... FMP 8.0v1 has some seriously nasty bugs in it like corrupted indexes.

Download the patches from the FMI web site and fix it up, will you!

• 1 month later...

Sorry for replying to an old thread, but if robomni or anyone is having problems getting Plugins to show up, try installing Dot Net 2.0, sounds weird but my MooPlug wouldn't show up for a couple of users and when this was installed it then worked fine. Not sure why as I don't use anything Dot Net related in the plugin, but it's worth a try!

Hi! Uhm... This sound interesting.

In effect the machine that does not recognize eventscript 1.1 is plain install of XP SP2 (that came with DOT NET 2.0).

Strangely enough in my machine with DOT NET 3.0 all versions works!

Thanks By Rob

This topic is 6216 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.