How do I insert text in a different colour and style

raymate

This topic is 6261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I have a "notes" field using an edit box that the user can scroll up and down for adding text on a record.

I want to have a button that when clicked it will insert the current date in red and bold at the point the pointer is in the notes field and have the text the user enters in black.

I can make a button and get it to insert the date but I cant work out how to have it do it in a different colour. I would also like it to add a space after the date so the user can click the button and just type the note,

It would be very cool if the button could also make the pointer got to the top of the notes field insert the date and then the user can type so they dont need to remember to place the pointer in the right place before they type or click the button.

Can this be done with a script?

R

Thank you so much, that is spot on, just what I wanted to do.

Still new to FileMaker and is just shows it can do anything.

Do you recomend any good books so I can maybe work this sort of thing out myself?

Thanks again for you help.

Regards

R

USING FILEMAKER 7: SPECIAL EDITION (THE ONLY FILEMAKER 7 BOOK YOU NEED) is a good book. Even though it is based off FM7, it is an excellent book and still one that I recommend. Also there are the FileMaker Magazine and Filemaker Advisor publications. Finally, there are a lot of good resources on these forums as well as great websites referenced in these forums.

This topic is 6261 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.