Server Maintenance This Week. ×

i've just got all kinds of questions...

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

well, here i am again in the CDML forum trying to get some answers. You guys have helped pretty good so far, so i'm going to stick antother question to you.

Is there anyway to edit multiple records with one edit button. i've got a site in which after a series of records has reached a certain status, they need to be edited. Each series is related by a common field value and all the changes are the exact same for each record.

For example: 3 records with fields Name, Email, Company, Status. with different values in the fields Name and Email, and the same value in the fields Company and Status. After search to find exact matches of Company and Status, Edit fields for Status for all Found Records.

Any ideas on how this may be done?

Thanks,

Jeremy

------Unrelated-------

Does anyone know of any good websites other than the norms (filemaker.com, filemakerworld.com, etc.) that deal with CDML issues and support?

I'm having the same problem as well. I was told that you cannot edit multiple records with one submit button. This was the logic they told me, you can't edit multiple records all at once in FileMaker Pro, so you won't be able to do it either through the web. But if anyone knows how to get around it, please let me know!

Anita

This topic is 8667 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.