XML parsing error

Jaren Meier

This topic is 6288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Can someone help me figure out what the parsing error of:

XML parsing error:

Attribute 'regionalmanagername' is not declared for element 'regon'

Line Number 2

Column Number 6620897

referrers to? Do I need a .XSLT file to convert this? Here is the code i receive from the website in the request.

-

-

dealer name

street address

website address

osas code

-

program contact 1 name

program contact 2 name

program email 1

program email 2

-

-

I am very new to doing this type of import and need a little guidance.

Yes, you'll certainly need an xslt file. In fact you'd likely need more than one, if your FileMaker file is not "flat." Because you have Dealers, Programs, Clubs, and Makes, each of which could have multiple "records" in the xml.

You would also need to know how to extract an element of an attribute, as you've got a mix of both.

Each xslt would be somewhat similar, but each would target its specific FileMaker table's data, as well as get the id of its parent. For example, the Program.xsl would get the program id, name, dealernumber, etc.. It would also reach "up" the chain to get the dealer id (unless that's the same as the dealernumber, hard to say from here).

The xslt files would insert the FileMaker structural elements as needed, Metadata section, ROW, COL, DATA. You're going to need to do some learning. The best book on the subject is Beverly Voth's, FileMaker Pro 6 Developer's Guide to XML/XSL (it's a little old now, but this stuff has not really changed since FileMaker 6).

http://www.amazon.com/FileMaker-Developers-Wordware-Library-Filemaker/dp/155622043X/ref=sr_1_1/002-9398956-7552023?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1172859248&sr=1-1

There are also examples of xsl transformation files here at fmforums, which would be similar to what you need. But each is pretty much custom for its particular import.

This topic is 6288 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.