Can't find files that were originally added in Developer Utilities list

Mif

This topic is 6283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

When opening a runtime version I keep getting popups asking to locate lost files which I originally added in Developer Utilities. Each of the files reference allow admin rights without passwords. Why does it keep asking to find them when they are in the list I created initially?

Yes they did come from subfolders, but the developer utilities window seems to send the message that that's OK given that it lists the file path.

The other strange thing is that the files it is looking for are right there in the popup list it displays of files it converted over. I just click them and everything is fine.

Do you know of any documentation that states the rules for this. As a last resort I will put them in the same directory but I would rather not because they are for cousin solutions.

The file references that you have entered indicate what and where any external fles are. Any variation from this and FM is bound to be a little confused.

Just put them back into the sub folders where they were originally (relative to your master file)and I think that your problem will go away.

HTH

Phil

They are in the original folders. When I add files using Developer Utilities it places them in the same directory.

In the image, the first three files are not found yet one of them is in the same originating directory as the rest of them.

filemakers_utilities_shot.JPG

This topic is 6283 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.