Isolate Portal Info

lisalem

This topic is 8343 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I need to isolate two out of many contact portal records in the child file for each record in the main file. I have a calculation field for each of the two contacts in the related record which works well in the related record. When placing the calc fields on a layout in the main file I only get results if the match is from the first contact entered in the portal. When placing the calc fields in another portal in the main file I get the results if the match is from the first or second record entered in the portal, because I set up the portal to show two rows, I imagine.

Is there a way to get the results no matter what order the portal records are entered?

Need more info.

How do you decide which two portal records need to be isolated? Does the user pick them, or do they need to be picked automatically?

Generally, to isolate records out of the portal, create fields in the related file called "Select" (text) and "MatchSelect" (calculated). Assuming that the relating match fields in both files are called "Match" set up the formula for MatchSelect as:

Match & Select

In the parent file create two fields MatchSelect1 and MatchSelect2 with the following formulas:

MatchSelect1=

Match & "1"

MatchSelect2=

Match & "2"

Create two relationships:

ParentFile:MatchSelect1 = ChildFile:MatchSelect

and

ParentFile:MatchSelect2 = ChildFile:MatchSelect

To isolate the two records in the related file, set their Select fields to 1 and 2 respectively. The first can then be accessed using the MatchSelect1 relationship and the second with the MatchSelect2 relationship.

This topic is 8343 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.