Server Maintenance This Week. ×

FMS 5.5 hosts menu disappearing

This topic is 6248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

im running fms 5.5 on a Win XP Pro box.

The databases displayed within the hosts menu from time to time disappear.

I can still access the databases if i specify the IP address...although i dont want my users having to do this each time the dbs drop off the host menu.

This problem started when some of the users started to use wireless. Im wondering if this is causing the problem?

If i close all dbs and restart the Filemaker server services the dbs are then shown again within the hosts menu.

The users are using FMPro 6

Has anyone experienced this issue before?

Thanks.

Edited by Guest

Yes I have seen this happen many times. Here is a very long and detailed thread on the topic.

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/54314

In the end the only way to cure the problem for certain is to upgrade to FM version 7 or greater. I personally have not had the problem since I went to v7 a couple of years back.

Arrrrgh, I hit the back button on my browser too many times and accidentially posted twice.

So, as long as I'm here did you hear the one about the...

Edited by Guest
Accidentially posted twice

Lol. Ted you do realize that can delete your post right? Go to Edit and in the upper left hand corner, hit the [+] for delete option. Although, I will miss your random posts when double posting... haha.

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle. There IS a plus sign to delete the post. Hmmmm, I wonder why it isn't a minus sign... Never mind. I guess its back to first grade for me.

Thanks for pointing that out!

You can use FM8 with FM7 server but of course you will not be able to use the features that are in FM8 but not supported in FM7S. IMHO, you might as upgrade both ;)

Anyway, if this is your first migration of a pre fp7 file to a fp7 file, I recommend you read these:

Migration Tech Brief

Migration Foundations

and also watch this

Watch Migration video

This topic is 6248 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.