Web Viewer Charting Example

Robert Clark

This topic is 6262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Thank you very much. I put the sample database and its accompanying files (WF.html,WV.swf, and .DS_Store) in the installation folder "FileMaker Pro 8.5" and it works.

Besides the obvious of including the accompanying files in the same folder as the database, what other changes must I make in order to have the charts work when the database is located elsewhere on my hard drive or hosted on a server (FM Server 7 Advanced). Thanks in advance.

Disregard the previous post as I was able to get the charts to work from other locations and from the server.

Now I am trying to view the charts from a web browser via IWP, but have not yet been successful. I split out the introductory chart from its tabbed format, but all I get is a black rectangle. Any thoughts?

Okay, i only meant that the FileMaker (i.e. the .fp7 sample file) and the WV.swf and the html file had to sit together.

Now... the way the file essentially works is that the WV.swf and the html files are "pointed" to via a calculation that is based on the location of the .fp7 file. I.e. the file knows where it is on the system, so the calc simply says look where this file is located -- the html and swf files will be in the same location.

All you really have to do is put the html and swf files together somewhere globally accessible (i.e. a network location, or a web server) and then reference them appropriatley in the web viewer.

This topic is 6262 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.