Server Maintenance This Week. ×

font name is blank

This topic is 6244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Periodically have font names end up being blank (i.e. click on layout object, under font it should be something like Arial, but it's just blank).

This has happened on different computers, with version 8 and 8.5 advanced ... and with different databases.

It seems kinda common to me and for the most part, isn't an issue, but sometimes it affects things dramatically (printing/sliding,etc.)

Similar issues? Fixes? We're just using standard fonts like Arial, Times New Roman on a Windows XP(SP2) box.

Edited by Guest
can't spell!

It's possible on Windows version of FM to define the fonts made available in FileMaker.

So, if the system has the fonts installed, which is surely the case, then it's FileMaker that as this fond disabled.

I don't remember where the option is, as I've just a Mac a this specific moment.

Yes you can configure more fonts but this happens on the same computer (after time) without having to go in and configure/change anything.

Can't pinpoint 'WHEN' exactly it happens, but it's just ONE user on a local copy on her desktop and the most exotic thing she does it is make a copy of the file (copies the whole folder) and renames the folder it's in for historical purposes.

Same on my machine ... single user, local database.

Basically a pain in the butt...

I'd like to think it's a bug as I wouldn't know where to start to 'remedy' it, but ... would think if it is a bug, I would be able to find other reportings.

Thanks for taking the time to post... maybe I can convince our company to switch back to Macs ;-)

This topic is 6244 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.