External Authentication - Password Changes?

This topic is 6222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Does anyone know if there is a way to enforce password changes with External Authentication from IWP connections?

If this is not possible, how about a recommendation on a strategy involving passord changes that would not be so labor intensive from an administrator's perspective?

The Accounts and their passwords are inside the Directory Service, either AD or OD. Whatever changes the security policy for the domain requires/permits will govern this.

It is possible to change a passsword from within a Web browser I suppose, although this does not strike me as a very good idea.

These domain Account passwords should not be allowed to be changed from within FIleMaker Pro as this would be a huge security issue.

Steven

I know it's possible to do against the AD, not so sure against local accounts from a remote machine. Either way it has to be done very very carefully so as not to introduce security issues.

The whole point of using EA is to leverage existing security infrastructure. It doesn't sound like that's the case in this scenario which might actually decrease security instead of increase it.

If you want to look into it, check for ASP/VBscript examples that use WMI (Windows Management Instrumentation) to work against local accounts.

This topic is 6222 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.