Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Want to Omit <No Access> Records

This topic is 6218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello. I am a brand new FileMaker Pro user coming over from a Microsoft Access background. I am having an issue with an application that I have created. Through security and privileges I have managed to control the records that a user can view / edit, but I have not found a way to get rid of the records. My application has a field called "Created_By" that captures the account name of the user that creates the record. In security / privileges I use a "Created_by= Get (Account Name) to restrict the records that can be viewed / editied.

I actually have the application set-up so a supervisior can see their records and their direct reports' records. Everything I am doing is working with the exception of being able to eliminate the records. The no access records are also messing up my report.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

How do I make the FIND based on the account name run automatically - say when they push a button? I know how to accomplish it manually. I have been playing with various scripts, but have not had any luck.

Thanks

Well you can use the scripted find steps. Or you can set a global field to the Get(AccountName) value and do a go to related records based on that global value. Either approach will filter out the records that would otherwise be available.

Steven

This topic is 6218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.