Help printing text fields.

beatryder

This topic is 6209 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

I am building a test management system for our company laboratory. This is my first project using FileMaker ( I took over this account from my predecessor whom much like my self was more familiar with traditional programming techniques.

I have created the following form to allow them to enter data into the database, but I am not sure how to properly print it.

As you can see from the screen shot the text in the text field extends beyond the visible area.

Is there a nice way to print this? At some point I will also need to be able to print an entire document containing the "Description" "Procedure" and "Conclusion" fields. I am aware that I will need to create a new layout for this. However I will still have the problem of there being more text in the field than is visible.

Any help?

labform.JPG

Make the fields on your layouts ars big as they could possibly be. Then using sliding (under format menu) or see if you can use merge fields.

Hmm the merge feild shows promise, but I am wondering if there is a way to print text fields of arbitrary length. With this method I am still forced to create a large layout and also create a separate one for printing... This seems to be kind of silly.

Especially because I need to have three large fields directly above one another (see attached for an example)

Could a subsummary or summary of some kind be used to achieve this?

thumb_1177020350-labform.JPG

labform.JPG

This topic is 6209 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.