Sign in to follow this  
no1tmorrow

Signature in Container Field

I see some old post (2003) where it was talked about. But in 8, 8.5 can you use a tablet pc and be able to capture a customers signature and store it in the database. I looked at the esign plugin but it appears to be more for using the 3 capture devices that they sell.

Thanks in advance for any input you may have.

Thom

No one has any thought on this? I have to make the decision today on filemaker or VB.net. Obviously I want to use filemaker.

Thanks in advance

Thom

I just did a search of our Forum for [color:blue]+FileMaker +Signature and got several hits, including this one Here

If that doesn't help, do a search for the keywords and see if something else will do it for you.

BTW, I also did a Google search for [color:blue]+FileMaker +Plugin +Scan +Signature and got lots of hits.

Lee

I talked to filemaker directly and they don't have anything but said if I could figure out a way to generate the image that it could be stored in a container field. I talked to a company that sells Esign Plugin but you have to use there signature tool not a tablet pc.

I did search the site and google before asking here but there was no "how to" on this specific topic.

Thanks

Thom

The how-to would depend on the plugin chosen, and I would think that the developer of the plugin would earn their keep by providing good instructions, demo file, etc.. The one I read about a.m, it seemed pretty straight forward.

Lee

Edited by Guest