Determine non-empty fields

This topic is 6202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hi,

Following on from my previous post,

http://www.fmforums.com/forum/showtopic.php?tid/186473/post/249111/hl//

How can I check if a specific date exists in a field, if it does then put a "X" in a corresponding field?

Cheers.

Edited by Guest

you mean a tick instead of a check?

I mean a single checkbox that's either checked or not. For this, you need to define a value list, with a single custom value of 1. Set your calculation field to return a Number result, and change the formula to:

not IsEmpty ( field1 )

On the layout, format the field as a checkbox, using your new value list. Set the font color to the color of your background, and/or make the field narrow enough to show only the single checkbox.

See here for more fun with displaying Boolean (0/1) fields.

How can I check if a specific date exists in a field

You could check by:

DateField = Date ( x ; y ; z )

But it is not good practice to hard code data into calculations, and the question is not clear enough to suggest a better way.

Hi,

What I have in the project is as follows,

Imagine a left hand column with titles of photographs/ works of art, then another column titled activity, with drop down value lists of marketing activity, such as "mail shot, email campaign etc" then next to each of these is a start date and an end date.

At the top of the page going from left to right, is a list of dates written as text, and underneath an empty field.

What I am aiming to do, is determine if the date at the top of the page is between the range of the one's selected in the start / end date and if so - to place a "X" or symbol in this empty field.

Hope this makes more sense?

Cheers,

Dan :)

You're using FileMaker Pro -- it's a database not a spreadsheet. Databases can do a lot more than spreadsheets.

Perform a find using the date range, and FileMaker will only display those records that match the criteria.

This topic is 6202 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.