Second page not printing

This topic is 5831 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

• Newbies

I have a layout that contains 60 values in a repeating field with a total at the bottom. When viewing the layout with IWP everything looks correct, the layout is long enough that when printed it should take 2 pages, but when I print only the first page prints.

I am running FM Advanced 8.5v2.

Is this normal? I tried creating a simple test DB with only one table, and one layout and two fields. one at the top and one spaced down far enough that it would print on a second page. And again the browser displays the page perfect but will only print the first page cutting the rest off.

Any help?

It has nothing to do with filemaker in my humble opinion, but rather the pageformat chosen in the printsetup in the browser...

However, might you facilitate your solution with pages which prints individually in a sequence...

But tounge in cheek, how is it posible to print something from a repeating field when they're supposed to be for utility purposes only - never conveying raw data???

--sd

• Newbies

So are you saying is should work?

Forgetting the repeating fields. Say I create a layout with one long text box that displays the Terms of Use. It's 3 pages long I have one field at the top displaying the Company name. And at the bottom I have 2 buttons, one to accept the terms, the other to decline.

I have tested this on different computers, all running XP. And with IE and Firefox browsers. I get the same result. Everything displays correctly, but when I print only the first page prints. The rest is cut off.

So my questions are:

1. Should this work? If so I know to keep looking for the fix.

2. If it's a browser setting? Any ideas. I have tried everything I can think of.

Thank you for any input.

Maddog

• 1 year later...

Yes it works (it prints all the pages) but only under these two conditions: 1- it must be printed from internet explorer and 2- you have to choose the "print all frames" options in the print dialog box.

I finally got this only by trial and error with the print settings in internet explorer. Do your own test anyway.

suggestion: put a warning prior to printing for the user to know how to make the printing work ( I know, I didnt like having to do that either...but...)

Edited by Guest

This topic is 5831 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.