Run script by window closing without button?

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Hello everyone,

Is there a way to run a script by closing the active window with the "x" box on top right of window? I created a button to Validate my record but I don't want people to be able to just hit the "x" and not run the script.

Also, does any one have an example or link on how to auto create a record with a serial number, but if record is not "saved", delete that record and reset the serial pattern. My serial numbers get turned into a alpha code that represents an important inventory marker for us.

Thanks in advance to any help.

1) Yes, but you need to be able to create custom menus, a feature only available in the Developer version.

2) I would recommend having two serial numbers. One would be the auto enter used by Filemaker to relate records. Users never need see that number. The other would be the one that meets your business rules.

That second number can be serial without interuption based on a couple methods. You could script new record creation, in the script you can grab the last record's id number and add one to that.

Another way would be via a relationship. Create a Cartesian self-join and for Number have it auto enter Max(SelfJoin::Number) +1.

This topic is 6181 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.