Server Maintenance This Week. ×

Capturing subsummary numbers for use elsewhere

This topic is 6218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.

Not sure whether this is in the correct forum...

See the attached file. Run the report.

I would like to capture all the numbers (to use in graphs elsewhere) from the conditional calculation fields in the subsummaries on the right hand side. This needs to be for a three-month period so I have created the global number fields but I can't work out how to fill them with the correct numbers (or even if this is possible).

Can anyone help me with this problem, please? -- I am tearing my hair out (what little there is left of it) trying to work out how do this.

Subsum.zip

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure how this helps. The calculation fields that I want to get the values from already use the GetSummary function.

The problem is how do I capture the different values of each month from these fields?

Sorry, I hadn't looked at your file before replying. I see now that you're using GetSummary in your calc fields c1,c2,c3 etc. In browse mode, once you've sorted, you can use a looping script and Set Field commands to capture the values. Let me know if you need more specific info.

Many thanks -- I have managed to capture the numbers, albeit one month at a time, by using a (3 of) looping script in browse mode. I now need to combine the separate month scripts...

Thanks again Fitch

This topic is 6218 days old. Please don't post here. Open a new topic instead.