Sign in to follow this  
kanedsista

Newbie: Count number of months my records span

I would like to count the months my records span, so if my first record is on 11/02/07 and my second record is 11/05/07 it would return 3. I need it so I can work out the average monthly income by dividing the total income by the number of months that have passed since the first record.

So if my records spanned 3 months then it would divide the total income to date by 3 to get the monthly average.

But then again, at the end of the year I would need to reset this so it would count the income and the months from the first day of the new year/new tax year. So really it would have to be a month I specify, then it would find the records from that date, count the months to my last record and count the average income during this time.

I could just divide the total income by 12 but that wouldn't give me an accurate reading until the end of the year.

What sort of calculation would I need and is it possible to do this?

I defo need a calc rather than a script. Just not sure how I should go about it.

Edited by Guest